Yesterday Tanisha from My Knotted Life (check it out, it’s awesome) nominated me for a Liebster Award. I was thrilled and then wanted to know what a Liebster Award was. It isn’t an actual award so much as a way to discover lesser known blogs with less than 200 followers. Pretty cool!
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you – thanks again Tanisha!
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. How long have you been blogging?
Since October 1, 2013. So about 6 months.
2. What or who serves as your blogging inspiration?
Magazines, food, Pinterest, prayer, books, anything that sparks my interest
3. If you’re not in front of your computer writing a post, what could your fans find you doing to enjoy your free time?
Reading, working out, cooking, trying to figure out how to use my camera
4. Has there ever been a project or idea that didn’t go as you planned? AKA, any DIY disasters?
It wasn’t a disaster, but making our Christmas stockings this year took about a bajillion more hours than I thought it would.
6. Where do you see your blog in 1 year?
Hopefully going strong with more followers!
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
mindful, determined, creative
7. If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
Ha! I took a BuzzFeed quiz once for what actress would play me in a movie and the result was Emma Stone – I have no clue.
8. What’s your favorite home purchase/project you ever made?
Purchased – tie between our bed and dining table. Project – Christmas stockings
9. Any travel plans this year?
I hope so! Nothing planned yet, but maybe somewhere on the east coast. I’ve been wanting to go to Charleston and Savannah.
10. What advice would you give to any other new bloggers out there?
Keep it up! It’s a challenge to stay creative, but I think it’s a great opportunity to push yourself and grow.
Enough about me, here are my questions for those that I nominated:
1. Why did you to start your blog?
2. How do you get inspired if you’re “stuck”?
3. What have you learned from blogging?
4. Is there anything you wish you knew more about concerning blogging?
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
6. Are there any hobbies you’d like to pick up but haven’t yet? If so, what are they?
7. What are some of your future goals?
8. What has been your biggest success?
9. What’s the hardest obstacle that you’ve ever faced in life?
10. When are you the happiest?
Blogs That I Nominate:
Along Came Ollie
Life with a Dash of DIY Design
Maddy’s Lil Corner Blog
Over the Edge Designs
Pretty Little Grub
Style Is Everything
The Working Athlete